The World’s Worst Children by David Walliams

This morning my mission was to buy two copies of David Walliams‘ new book The World’s Worst Children for our library…

I tracked the book down at Target and sent a tweet to alert other teacher librarians that the book was available. Imagine my surprise when about two minutes later my phone went ping and David Walliams himself had actually liked my tweet! Twitter had connected me in Melbourne, Australia to David Walliams in London, England and now he knows that two more copies of his new book are going to be read by lots of happy readers in our library in Australia!

I laughed a lot reading this book and I’m really looking forward to sharing it in our library. David Walliams is at his funniest and wickedest and Tony Ross’ humorous illustrations (in colour!) perfectly capture each child’s cautionary tale.

You are going to laugh, cringe, groan and maybe even be appalled when meeting these five beastly boys and five gruesome girls…

Dribbling Drew
Bertha the Blubberer
Nigel Nit-Boy
Grubby Gertrude
Brian Wong
Miss Petula Perpetual Motion
Peter Picker
Windy Mindy
Earnest Ernest
Sofia Sofa

Newsagent Raj writes the introduction and begs you NOT to read this AWFUL book, but you won’t be able to stop reading about Dribbling Drew and his destructive drool; Nigel Nit-boy who teaches his nits to do shocking things; Grubby Gertrude who delights in living in a rubbish dump bedroom; Windy Mindy who can’t control her bottom burps and you will have read all of the stories before you know it!

I wonder how many of you might be a bit like one of the worst children in the world? Careful or you might find yourself in David Walliams’ Volume Two of The Worst Children in the World…

18 thoughts on “The World’s Worst Children by David Walliams

1. Hi Miss Y,

I can’t wait to read The World’s Worst Children. It sounds hilarious!

I’d especially like to find out a little more about Miss Petula Perpetual Motion…

From Mrs M

2. Hi Mrs M,

You are going to love reading The World’s Worst Children.

I won’t give too much away, but you certainly wouldn’t want Miss Petula Perpetual Motion anywhere near precious and fragile objects…

Miss Y 😊📚

3. Dear Miss Y
    I hope my class has fun reading the world’s worst children 👭👬 #happy children’s reading to 3mc let’s hope we have fun !!!!!!!!!
    thanks Madison 👧

4. Hi Madison,

I’m really looking forward to reading The World’s Worst Children to 3MC in a few weeks! I know you will have fun!

I need to decide which of the children’s stories I will read to your class…

I hope you are enjoying reading Stuff Happens: Dale

Happy reading!

5. Hi Miss Y,

I can’t wait to read wait to read Worlds Worst Children. It’s going to be awesome. I have all the other David Walliams books at home.

From Abbey 5O😘😘❤️

6. Hi Abbey,

I’m sure you will want to add The World’s Worst Children to your collection of David Walliams books…I already have my copy!

7. Dear Miss Y,
    I can`t wait to read this book, I bet this book is going to be fun. #ReadingIsFun

From Riley.S

8. Hi Riley,

Both of our copies of the book are catalogued and ready for borrowing. You are definitely going to enjoy reading The World’s Worst Children! I wonder which of the children you will think is the worst?

#ReadingIsFun

9. Dear Miss Y
    On Wednesday I am going to borrow The World’s Worst Children. I am the world’s worst reader 📚
    thanks Madison🐶

10. Hi Madison,

Can you borrow The World’s Worst Children on Friday and then you can read it over our long weekend break? I’m excited that you are going to read this funny book.

I wonder which child you will think is the worst?

You are becoming a great reader because you are always reading and because #ReadingIsFun

Happy reading…

11. Dear Miss Y
    I will do that. I finished Anh Do Weirdo 6. See you at the library today and on Friday
    thanks Madison

12. Hi Madison,

Great job finishing Weirdo 6! You are doing a fabulous job with your reading!

13. OMG Miss Y,

Can’t wait to go get my [hopefully] my own copy of The Worst Children In The World. Which child reminds you of a student you have taught recently?

Love Makayla

14. Hi Ariel,

You will have to read the book and find out for yourself…

15. Hi Makayla,

I hope you won’t have to wait too long for your own copy!

Wow, what an interesting question! I will reply by saying that at our school I teach the most WONDERFUL children in the world…most days!

Happy reading…

16. Hi Josh,

Watch out or you might end up in David Walliams’ next book…