About Us

St Martin of Tours primary school is in Melbourne, Australia. 

Our Library Resource Centre (LRC) is staffed with a full time qualified teacher librarian.  Literature, Information Literacy and library skills are taught to the 21 classes that visit the LRC each week. Don’t be surprised if you pop in any morning before school to find lots of children lost in books…

We are excited that you have visited our LRC Blog and welcome your comments!

At our school
 “The LRC is the place to be”…

55 thoughts on “About Us

1. Hi Patrick

You are such a movie buff! I’m not sure if it would be suitable for the LRC.

Bring your picture of Emily in and I’m sure people would love to see your fabulous drawing!

Miss Y 🙂

2. Hi Kim, my name is Rachel. I have been asked to write about great things happening in school libraries for the blog Bright Ideas (SLV and SLAV). I think that your blog is a wonderful example of a fantastic blog that seems to really connect with the school community. I also see that you are developing the website, and that you have Kim’s Corner. I am hoping that you would be interested in doing a guest post for Bright Ideas, about your library blog, the development of your website, and if you like, you could mention Kim’s Corner. If you are interested in this, please email me on rachel.fidock@bigpond.com . Thanks, Rachel.

3. Hi Kym,
    Thank you so much for showing me around your beautiful Library today. It is a real credit to you and I can see how much you love it, and how much the children love it too.

Thanks for giving up your non-existent free time for me. Not only was it great to see the Library, it was also great to talk to someone else working in a primary school library to see how they run things.

You have provided me with much inspiration.

Regards,
    Barbara Johnson,
    St. Francis Xavier PS

4. Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your kind words. We love our library!

It was great to meet you today and talk to someone who is also passionate about school libraries! I hope your visit today will help you with your decisions. I look forward to hearing what you decide to do and would love to find time to visit to your library at some stage…

Kim 🙂