Valanga’s Visit

What an amazing way to celebrate our Book Safari Book Week with our African storyteller Valanga Khoza! Valanga shared his stories and music with us and had us laughing, singing, playing instruments and even speaking some African words. Thank you so much Valanga for bringing stories to life for us with your music, creativity and humour…

There are more photos on the LRC MyClasses page for you to look at…

0 thoughts on “Valanga’s Visit

1. Hi Miss Yeomans,

I enjoyed the day when Valanga came to SMOT. He
    is so talented!! Valanga has a great sense of humor
    and plays lovely music. There were lots of great instruments.

Taylor 2D

2. Thank you Miss Yeomans for organising Valanga to come to St Martin’s It was a fabulous end to our African Safari through Book Week 2009. You are amazing the way you link all your ideas for us. Well done to 3BY for their letters explaining their enjoyment and learning from Valanga’s visit.
    We are so lucky to have Miss Yeomans leading us with reading and enjoying literature at St Martin’s not to mention her creative displays in the LRC.
    Mrs Stewart

3. To Miss Yeomans

Thank you for bringing Valanga to our school he is a very funny man and a great story teller. I liked his music because of the different instruments he used. I hope he can come to our school again.

From Ricky W 5s

4. Thank-you for inviting Valanga to our school.

Valanga is a funny man. He is a great story teller.
    He has good music and great stories.

Matt C

5. Dear Valanga,
    Thank-you so much for coming to our school.
    I think you also put in a lot of effort to come and bring your treasures from South Africa.
    I really liked the bit when you told us the story and when I forgot to play the drums.
    I came home and I looked in the recycle bin for one of our bottles
    Jordyn

6. Dear Miss Yeomans
    Thank you for bringing Valanga to our school is was much fun with him. It was sad how he spent years in a Refugee Camp and make a drum out of an apple juice bottle and a flute out of a pipe, but they sounded really good!
    Thank you, Brittany

7. Miss Yeomans

Thanks so much for asking Valanga to come to the school. He is the funniest comedian I have ever heard. He had great stories to tell and I hope he comes again.

P.S Merry Christmas to all and happy New Year. I’m typing this on the iphone!