Kathryn Apel is coming to St Martin’s!

We are  so lucky to have talented Australian children’s author and poet Kathryn Apel (Kat) visiting our school on Monday, May 22nd to play with words, create some poems and talk about her verse novels with the students in Years 3-6. Kathryn is visiting from her home in Queensland. I have known Kathryn on Twitter for quite some time and I am really looking forward to meeting her in person!

Kathryn paints pictures with words and her goal is to find the perfect word for every situation…which is sometimes a lot harder than you think!

Kathryn has written three verse novels. The Year 3 and 4 classes have been listening to Bully on the Bus and learning a lot about the power of words and some of the Year 6 students are reading On Track for their Book Group novel. The Year 6 students have also been trying some of Kathryn’s techniques to help visually present their Anzac poems.

Too Many Friends was released on Monday, May 1st and Kathryn made this book trailer for her book.

Poetry Writing Workshop with Kathryn Apel
Sunday, May 21st

A perfect opportunity to have fun playing with words and doing some poetry writing with Kathryn!

Where: The Little Bookroom  (Carlton North)

When:  Sunday, May 21st at 11 am

Cost: $17 (includes a signed copy of Too Many Friends)

Click HERE for more details and to book your spot

2 thoughts on “Kathryn Apel is coming to St Martin’s!

1. Hi Miss Y,

I am so excited that Kathryn Apel is coming to St Martin’s to meet a few of us! She must be so excited as well!

Olivia

2. Hi Olivia,

I know that Kathryn is very excited to be visiting our school and meeting some of our students. We are going to have a great time playing with words!

I’m looking forward to meeting Kathryn after knowing her on Twitter for nearly five years.

See you in the LRC on Monday, Olivia…