The Jinny & Cooper series by Tania Ingram

Last week I introduced the Year 3 classes toΒ the first book in a new series. My Teacher’s Big Bad SecretΒ is theΒ first book in the Jinny & Cooper series by Tania Ingram. The first chapter had us all hooked! Cooper is definitely not your average guinea pig…

Watch Tania’s fabulous book trailer to find out more about Jinny & Cooper…

Tania already has FOUR books planned for this series and we have the first two books which I’m sure will be in high demand…

Click HERE to read Ten Fun Facts About Jinny & Cooper

Do you have a favourite part of ‘My Teacher’s Big Bad Secret’?

44 thoughts on “The Jinny & Cooper series by Tania Ingram

1. Hi Miss Y,

I might have to read this series to 3O once we finished our Faraway Tree books. Joe is currently with the magical snowman and there are a few worried students.

2. Hi Mrs O’Malley,

I’m still getting use to your new name!

We’re really enjoying listening to the first book and finding out about Cooper. With more books due later in the year, I’m sure you will be able to read one to 3O.

Grade 3O is SO lucky that you’re reading them my favourite book -The Magic Faraway Tree!

Happy reading…

Miss Y πŸ™‚

3. To miss Y ,
    Is Jinny’s teacher a witch? I want to find out next lesson. From Michael m 30

4. Hi Miss Y,
    I wonder If there’s a Jinny and Cooper 3? If there is I’m ready to read.
    From Harry

5. Hello Miss Y,

I am really enjoying the Jinny and Cooper series!
    I wish I had the books to read at home.Then I would read all of them in one week!
    I wonder how long it’s going to take to publish the next books in the series?
    I can’t wait to read them! Cooper is so funny.
    From
    Ryan H
    3O

6. Hi Miss Y,
    Cooper is so much trouble [and a bit CRAZY!!!]
    But he does have a point, Jinny’s teacher might be a witch.
    Can’t wait to see what happens next!!!

From Makayla

7. Hi Miss Y

I’ve just seen Jinny and Cooper. When I saw it again it was so funny I was laughing my head off.

From Julian

8. Hi Miss Y

I’m really excited to read the Jinny and Cooper series and at first I thought Jinny was Jimmy

From Tully 30 ;D

9. Hi Miss Y,

I really like the Jinny and Cooper series. I am looking forward to finding out what happens in the next book.
    From Ava πŸ™‚

10. Hi Miss Y!

I love reading the Jinny and Cooper story especially Tyrone!

From Ariel

11. Hi Miss Y

I loved your slide show I thought it was amazing.
    I like how you did the Jinny and Cooper slide show in fast mode.

from Indiana 3O

12. Hi Miss Y,
    I think kids will enjoy it and it’s a funny book. Tyrone is very funny.
    From Luka

13. Hi Miss Y,

I wonder if Cooper will cause mischief by hiding the books and pushing the books on the teacher?

From Thomas

14. Hi Miss Y,

I just saw the Jinny and Cooper post and I really enjoyed watching it!!!!!!!!!!! Who do you think makes you laugh more Cooper or Tyrone? My friend Ivy had a pet guinea pig but she does not go to this school and it looks a lot lot lot like Cooper and it has a personality like Cooper!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Meg

15. Hi Miss Y

I like you reading us the Jinny and Cooper books. I would like to read more of those series by Tania Ingram.

Sara 30 πŸ™‚

16. Hi Miss Y,
    Cooper is looking like so much trouble.
    I wonder what will happen next. I am so excited I was nearly laughing my head off.
    From Riley 30.

17. Dear Miss Y,
    When will the first book be out for us to borrow in our LRC time? Can you tell me when it’s out because I really want to borrow it. I can’t wait to borrow it.
    Love from Georgia S

18. Hi Georgia,

I think I will need to buy some more copies of the first Jinny & Cooper book so I can still read it to to the Year 3s and people can borrow it too! It’s great to see how many people are enjoying this new series.

Miss Y πŸ™‚

19. Hi Riley,

Cooper is going to get up to a lot more mischief yet!

Miss Y πŸ™‚

20. Hi Kayla,

I’m glad you are excited about Jinny & Cooper. I am having lots of fun reading it to you. It’s about to get very exciting…

Miss Y πŸ™‚

21. Hi Sara,

I’m glad to hear you are enjoying the Jinny & Cooper books. I’ve read the first two and I’m looking forward to the next two of Tania’s books in September.

Miss Y πŸ™‚

22. Hi Meg,

I think they did a fabulous job with the book trailer by animating the book characters. Both Cooper and Tyrone say some very funny things and make me laugh. Tania Ingram has a great sense of humour. I wonder if Ivy’s guinea pig can read, talk, teleport and disappear like Cooper?

Miss Y πŸ™‚

23. Hi Thomas,

Cooper will definitely cause mischief with the books, but he’s doing it for a reason…stay tuned!

Miss Y πŸ™‚

24. Hi Luka,

I think lots of the Year Threes are enjoying listening to Jinny & Cooper. Tyrone says lots of funny things! Would you like Tyrone as your little brother?

Miss Y πŸ™‚

25. Hi Indi,

I didn’t make make the Jinny & Cooper slideshow, but I wish I was clever enough to make it! I really like the way they animated the book characters.

Miss Y πŸ™‚

26. Hi Ava,

I’m glad you are enjoying the Jinny & Cooper series. There are lots of exciting (and maybe a bit scary) things coming up in the story…

Miss Y πŸ™‚

27. Hi Tully,

I’m glad you now know that Jinny isn’t Jimmy! Great to hear that you’re enjoying the Jinny & Cooper series.

Miss Y πŸ™‚

28. Hi Julian,

The book trailer for Jinny & Cooper is clever and funny. I hope you’ve put your head back on again!

Miss Y πŸ™‚

29. Hi Makayla,

Cooper is definitely not your average guinea pig! After reading this book you might be looking a bit closer at your teachers to make sure they’re not witches…

Miss Y πŸ™‚

30. Hi Ryan,

I think I will need to buy some more copies of the Ginny & Cooper series as they are very popular! The next two books are due to be published in September, so we will have to be patient until then. Life would never be dull if you owned a guinea pig like Cooper!

Miss Y πŸ™‚

31. Hi Michael,

I’ll be doing my best to read that part of the story to the Year Threes next week in the LRC!

Miss Y πŸ™‚

32. Dear Anonymous (who forgot to put their name!)

Hopefully you’ll find out in the LRC next week…

Miss Y πŸ™‚

33. Hi Amand,

I’m glad to hear you are enjoying Jinny & Cooper. I wonder if you have a favourite part of the story so far?

Miss Y πŸ™‚

34. Hello to everyone.
    I am very pleased to hear that so many of you are enjoying the Jinny and Cooper books. I had a lot of fun writing them too. As Miss Y said, the next two books will be out in September. I’ll give you guys a little clue about what happens: in book 3, Tyrone gets whisked away by a genie and in book 4, Jinny and Cooper swap bodies! But shhh! Don’t tell anyone that I told you!
    Tania Ingram

35. Hi Tania,

What a lovely surprise on our LRC Blog today! Thank you for your comment πŸ™‚ Our Year Three classes will be very excited to read it!

We have been reading your first book each week in the library and I have had to buy some extra copies of your first two books to keep up with demand!

Thank you for sharing some clues with us about your next two books. We’ll keep it our secret!

If you are visiting Melbourne anytime you would be very welcome at our library…

Happy writing!

Miss Y πŸ™‚

36. Thank you Miss Y. I’d love to visit next time I’m in Melbourne. Meanwhile, if any of the children have questions, I’ll be happy to answer them. πŸ™‚
    Tania Ingram

37. Dear Miss Y,
    I think this series is going to be spectacular. I would greatly enjoy reading more of these types of books to try new things.
    Have a great holiday

38. Hi Tabitha,

I have read both Jinny & Cooper books and I really enjoyed them. Cooper is very funny and there is definitely some mystery in the story too. I’m sure you would enjoy reading the series.

Have a great holiday too!

Miss Y πŸ™‚