Happy 7th Birthday to our LRC Blog!

Our St Martin’s LRC Blog is 7 years old!

On February 19th, 2009 I wrote my first blog post for our LRC Blog, a place where we could “talk about books and share the work and activities we do in our LRC”.  Since then 461 blog posts have been written, we have had 2,393 comments and people from over 160 countries have visited. We don’t have an accurate number of visitors anymore (since SiteMeter stopped working), but we know it’s more than 70,000 visitors which we reached in September, 2014. 

More importantly, our LRC blog has enabled us to share beyond our four walls and I’m especially grateful for all of the connections it has allowed us to make within and beyond our school community. I couldn’t imagine our library without our LRC Blog…

Seven! Coralie Mercier via Compfight

8 thoughts on “Happy 7th Birthday to our LRC Blog!

1. Happy birthday 🎉👏 Imagine how many books have been borrowed in that time too and how many connections with authors too. Keep up the great work and enthusiasm.

2. Thanks Louise!

True! Now I’m also thinking about how many children I’ve taught in the LRC over those years!

3. Thanks Anne!

Hope you’re well. I miss having you as my trusty back-up person in the LRC…still looking for a replacement!

Kim 🙂

4. Hi Miss Y,
    Happy birthday for the LRC blog.
    I hope you are very happy for the blog.
    I hope that on every 19th of Feb, it will always be the best day of all the years and history.

5. Thank you for your lovely birthday wishes for our LRC Blog, Olivia! 🙂

Thank you too for subscribing to our LRC Blog.

My favourite part of having the LRC Blog is being able to share what we do in our library. I also love when people leave comments!

6. Hi Miss Y
    I just wanted to say a big happy birthday to the LRC. 🙂
    From Maya K.

7. Hi Maya,

Thank you for your birthday wishes for the LRC Blog. I certainly didn’t think it would get to 7 years old when I first started writing it!