Most books toppled in a domino fashion – Guinness World Records

What a lot of fun with books…

On January 28, 2015 the most books toppled in a domino fashion was achieved by United Biscuits (UK) in Old Windsor, West Berkshire, UK using the Guinness World Records 2015 edition books. The toppling of the books lasted 2 min 27 seconds and they created a new Guinness World record of 5,318 books!!

I wonder how the participants went about planning the winning layout and how long it took to set the books up.  You can almost feel the tension as the Guinness Book of Records official announced she had to disqualify 182 books…

2 thoughts on “Most books toppled in a domino fashion – Guinness World Records

1. Dear Miss Y,
    I can’t imagine how much time it must have taken to set up 5,000 books. I know I wouldn’t have the patience for it whatsoever.
    There was a similar toppling done in Seattle a few years ago. http://thekidshouldseethis.com/post/52351533640
    If your students like dominoes, Sally Murphy wrote the book Toppling in 2012. I have a book trailer of it on my blog.
    From Not a dominoes person,
    Mrs. Hembree

2. Hi Mrs Hembree,

I suspect we might have quite a few students who would love to beat this record!

I love your Seattle Public Library – I am definitely coming to visit it one day…

We have a lot of Sally Murphy’s books in our library, she’s a fabulous writer. This year Sally wrote a historical novel called ‘1915’ for the 100th anniversary of the Landing at Gallipoli which gives readers such an insight into the event through a young school teacher’s eyes.

Thanks for popping in!

Miss Y 🙂