Sally Snickers’ Knickers

The Prep and Year One classes had lots of fun reading Sally Snickers’ KnickersΒ written by Lynn Wood and illustrated by Anthea Stead. They enjoyed the rhyming story, bright and funny illustrations and the messages about being different, belonging and friendship.

There’s something very special about little Sally Snickers,
for Sally never wears a hat, she’d rather wear her knickers!

Everyone had fun being creative and designing their patterns for their knickers, undies, jocks or boxers and there were lots of giggles when each class had a rather different class photo taken from their one at the beginning of the year….

11 thoughts on “Sally Snickers’ Knickers

1. Wow such creative designers in Prep and Yr 1! I wonder if anyone would want to wear the knickers they designed?
    Mrs S

2. Hi Mrs S,

I think lots of children would love to wear their snazzy knicker designs.

We wanted to wear our actual knickers just like Suzy, but decided this might be the best option…and it was lots of fun designing our own and having a class photo!

Miss Y πŸ™‚

3. Hi Miss Y,

I LOVE reading books mostly chapter books! You are the best librarian ever.

4. Hi Holly,

I can see that you LOVE reading books and I hope you are finding lots of great chapter books to borrow from our library.

I am very lucky to be the teacher librarian at St Martin’s and to teach you each week in our LRC!

Miss Y πŸ™‚

5. Hi Miss Y,
    I’m so happy that you had fun with my and Anthea’s book. I would love to have seen those class photos 😊 Cheers, Lynn Ward

6. Hi Lynn,

How exciting to hear from the author of ‘Sally Snickers’ Knickers’!

We had lots of fun designing our knickers and wearing them for our class photos! You need to view our blog post on a computer and you will be able to see the slideshow we made.

Thank you for making reading fun!

Miss Y πŸ™‚

7. Thank you Miss Y. How very exciting. Please pass on to your students my congratulations on their wonderful designs. PS I really liked the music too πŸ™‚

8. Hi Lynn,

I will definitely let our students know you liked the fabulous designs on their knickers.

Are you writing another book for us to read soon?

Miss Y πŸ™‚

9. Hi Miss Y
    I have two books in publication at the moment. The other one is called The Big Beet and it is an Aussie take on the fable The Enormous Turnip. In May next year my third book will come out but I don’t know the title yet πŸ™‚ Its working title is Cyril’s Place.

10. Hi Lynn,

I’ll keep my eye out for your books!

It must be very rewarding when you finally have the hard copy of your book in your hand. It would also be exciting to see your book in libraries and bookshops and knowing that lots of children (and adults) enjoy reading the the stories you have created with your imagination.

We might be able to chat with you about your writing at some stage….

Miss Y πŸ™‚