Shelfie Challenge

What does your bookshelf look like?

This year one of our fun challenges to celebrate Book Week and The Reading Hour is to take a “Shelfie”…

shelfie

Click on the page for easier reading!

We are looking forward to seeing lots of creative Shelfies on our LRC Blog in a Shelfie Slideshowย for Book Week…

If your school reads this post and does a Shelfie Challenge too we’d love you to send us a link to your blog,ย send us a photo of your display or leave us aย message so we can all share our Shelfie fun and passion for reading!
Miss Y ๐Ÿ™‚

18 thoughts on “Shelfie Challenge

1. What a great idea about sharing photos as a shelfie from home.
    It will be interesting to see how everyone manages their books.
    I wonder if books will be grouped by authors or size or by favourite reads.
    I’m off to have a look at our book shelf and maybe I’ll need to do a bit of a tidy up because sometimes books spread from the shelf onto the bench.
    I wonder if our books on our shelves grow legs during the night.
    Mrs S

2. Miss Y.. what a creative idea .. I think you are going to get some amazing shelfies … watch this space !!

3. Hi Mrs S

Books at my house also creep out to the lounge room and love to spend time resting on my kitchen table!

I think we are going to see lots of different ways people organise their books after some of the conversations with the Year 4 and 5 students today!!

I hope everyone has fun taking their “Shelfies”

Miss Y ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Hi MS

I am very excited about our Shelfies because I know how creative our students are at St Martin’s! I think we’ll have LOTS of fun with this challenge!

Miss Y ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Hi Miss Y,
    I hope you don’t mind but we would love to get some of our students at St Luke’s in Blackburn South to join in on your shelfie fun !
    A great fun way to share our passion for books! We will let you know when we have some to share
    Thanks

Mrs Coffa

6. Hi Mrs Coffa,

What exciting news! Your students from St Luke’s who are interested would be most welcome to join our Shelfie Challenge. We hope they will have fun sharing their passion for books too!

We’re looking forward to seeing their Shelfies…

Miss Y ๐Ÿ™‚

7. What fun, can’t wait to see all those great shelves of books in everyone’s houses.

8. Hi Mrs C

I’m sure there will be lots of bookshelves of great books for us to see because we love to read!

Miss Y ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Hi Kerry

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope this will be a fun way to celebrate books and reading at our school. Stay tuned…

Kim ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Dear Miss Y,

What a great idea I just love it. I am not game to send in a photo of my book shelf due to the fact it is so messy.

Somehow after reading this post I really need to get my act together and get my book shelf looking book perfect.

Have a super day Miss Y.

AA ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Hi Miss Y,

What a great idea! Our upstairs bookshelf is for fiction and the ones downstairs are for non-fiction. My husband is quite happy now though because all my new fiction books are housed on my kindle and are much more organised! ๐Ÿ™‚

Ms Will

12. Hi AA

I have told the children not to worry if their bookshelf is messy – it means they’re reading the books!

Miss Y ๐Ÿ™‚

13. Hi Ms Will

You don’t have to worry about dusting your new Fiction books either!

I hope we won’t lose all of our bookshelves to the electronic world…

Miss Y ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Hey Miss Y! I’m very excited about doing my Shelfie!! What a great idea! Some of my favorite book series are: Pearlie, My Sister the Vampire, Ivy and Bean, Billie B Brown and Rascal.
    What are some of yours?
    Layla

15. Hi Layla

Thank you for sending me your Shelfie – I love it!

I have lots of favourite books! At the moment I’m really enjoying the new Our Australia Girl books, Refuge by Jackie French and I’m looking forward to reading The Wishbird by Gabrielle Wang…

Miss Y ๐Ÿ™‚

16. What a great idea Miss Y!

We’re doing a ‘belated Book Week’ this year – we have our hands full with our school musical and Year 6 PYP Exhibition – so I’m thinking we might do this in Term 4.

I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Mrs H xo

17. Thanks Mrs H!

We’ve had to do “belated Book Weeks’ too – sometimes you just can’t do it all! I’m sure you will enjoy it more next term when things are a bit more “relaxed”.

We’re going to have our Book Fair and visiting authors next term.

Good luck with your school concert and Year 6 PYP exhibition!

Miss Y ๐Ÿ˜€