Nathan meets Michael Wagner

A guest post by Nathan in Grade Three

During the holidays I went to The Little Bookroom for a footy event to meet Michael Wagner.  He is the author of the Maxx Rumble series.  I went dressed as a mad Pies supporter.  That’s why I’m wearing a mullet and tatts in the photo!  (I came second in the competition to a Geelong supporter). 

It was exciting to meet Michael Wagner and have my photo taken with him.  Michael signed my books “Stacks of Maxx” and “Grand Final Fever”.  He told us stories about his childhood.  In the future he is going to write soccer and basketball books.   Did you know that in the 1980s Michael was also a musician?

Michael barracks for the Pies like me!  Go Pies!!  (sorry Miss Y!)

If you want to find out more about Australian Rules Football you can go here

10 thoughts on “Nathan meets Michael Wagner

1. What an exciting day for you Nathan. Thanks for sharing it with us. I would recognise your beautiful eyes anywhere even under a mullet. I wonder where you got all the tatts.
    Mrs S
    Go Pies!!!

2. Dear Nathan,

I really loved reading all about your super day. You look so cool dressed up as a mad Pies supporter with your hair mullet and tatts . If I had the chance to dress up as a mad football supporter it would be the Blues.

Your photo is awesome.

Great post, thanks for sharing.

Sincerely,
    from a mad blues supporter,
    AA 🙂

3. Thank you Mrs Stewart I really appreciate the comment. Every mad Magpie supporter should have them. You can borrow mine !!

4. Dear AA
    Thanks for your comment.
    I had lots of fun getting dressed up and meeting Michael Wagner.

5. Dear Nathan and Miss Y
    What a great post! Miss Y thanks for letting us know it was on and for taking the time to write up the post with Nathan!
    Well done !

6. Dear MS

Thank you for being a great supporter of the LRC Blog and a wonderful role model for parents in the way you encourage and support Nathan and Chloe with their reading and love of books.

Miss Y 🙂

7. Hi Nathan

I wonder if we could persuade Mrs Stewart to try on your tatts on Footy Day this term?

Not a good result for your Pies or my Roos this weekend. I’m not sure which result is worse!
    🙁

Miss Y 🙂

8. Nice post Nathan. I hope he inspired you to one day write books too. I think lots of children would like to read a book from you about how and why you changed your favourite team from the Pies to the Hawks!

9. Dear ZA
    Thanks for your post. I am never ever going to write a book about changing from the Pies to the Hawks. Thanks Zio !