Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel

You know you have made it as an author when your book gets a billboard this size!!

Put Tuesday, November 13th in your diary or on your calendar because that’s the day The Third Wheel will be hitting the shelves in the shops!  It is the seventh book in the amazingly popular Diary of a Wimpy Kid series.

Love is in the air—but what does that mean for Greg Heffley?

A Valentine’s Day dance at Greg’s middle school has turned his world upside down. As Greg scrambles to find a date, he’s worried he’ll be left out in the cold on the big night. His best friend, Rowley, doesn’t have any prospects either, but that’s a small consolation.

An unexpected twist gives Greg a partner for the dance and leaves Rowley the odd man out. But a lot can happen in one night, and in the end, you never know who’s going to be lucky in love.

Take a close look at the front cover for some clues …

What is Greg carrying? Who are they for?
What does the expression on Greg’s face tell you?
What do you notice about Greg’s body posture and his hair?
Is that lipstick or a shiner on Greg’s cheek?

What do YOU predict is going to happen in this latest Wimpy Kid story?

6 thoughts on “Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel

1. Dear Miss Y,

I loved the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie but have not yet had the pleasure of reading any of these wonderful books. They are pretty popular for just about every kid I speak to says the Diary of the Wimpy Kid books are awesome.

Now as for this book I somehow get the feeling that the boys are going to end up with dates for the big dance.
    I feel that it will be a challenge to find a date but when they do it will be the best dance date ever for the boys. What do you think Miss Y do you think it will end with a happy ending?

Can’t wait to find out what really happens!

From AA 🙂

2. Hi AA

The Wimpy Kid books are so popular at our school that they are rarely on the shelf!

I’m wondering if there might be a twist to the story and Greg and Rowley might end up being each other’s date!!!

I’m going to make sure I buy our copies of the book as soon as I can when they hit the book shops so we can all find out what happens…

Miss Y 🙂

3. Dear Miss Y
    Can’t wait for the new diary of a wimpy kid to come out. I’m going to buy it and hopefully finish it in 3 days

HarrisonL

4. Hi Harrison

I’m sure there are millions of kids just like you waiting for The “Third Wheel”!

I wonder what it would feel like to know that the books you wrote were enjoyed by so many children around the world…

Miss Y 🙂

5. Dear Miss Y

like most other people, I was sooooooo excited about the release of the new Diary of a Wimpy kid! on the 13th. When I got home from school I wanted to by it in my e-reader STRAIGHT away, but it wasn’t coming up on the store. Mum and I figured out that it had not been released in America because it was still the 12th. So when I arrived home yesterday mum gave me a surprise – it was the new book! I read it and finished the rest this morning. Love this book, probably the best one yet!

Alice

6. Hi Alice

I can imagine how frustrated you must have been when you realised the USA was behind us and the new Diary of a Wimpy kid wasn’t ready for you to download!! What a great mum you have to have it waiting for you yesterday.

I raced down the street after school yesterday to buy our copies for the LRC and was relieved they hadn’t all been sold! I had a quick read of “The Third Wheel” last night and had quite a few of laughs.

Now to get our copies catalogued and covered for the Wimpy Kid fans…

Happy reading Alice!

Miss Y 😀