The Hueys in the New Jumper by Oliver Jeffers

The Year Twos enjoyed listening to Oliver Jeffers‘ latest book called The Hueys in the New Jumper.  The story really encourages you to be yourself and that it’s okay to stand out from the crowd.  

The Year Twos were given the challenge to design their own Hueys with new jumpers and other optional extras…they’re definitely all individuals!

(Click photo to enlarge)

If you want to have some fun making your own Huey click HERE

6 thoughts on “The Hueys in the New Jumper by Oliver Jeffers

1. Hi Miss Y,
    I LOVED Letters to Leo it was so cute. I can’t wait to find out more about Amy Hest the author!

From Claire-Bear…xxx

2. Hi Claire

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed “Letters to Leo” so much. Elly M also enjoyed it.

We’ll see what else we can find for you to read by Amy Hest or a similar book by another author.

3. Hi Miss Y, We’ve finished reading the Diary of a Wimpy Kid – Dog Days and we are going to see it at the cinemas and see if the movie is the same as the book. I have now started reading The 26 Storey Treehouse and it makes me laugh. Nathan

Hi Miss Y, I finished listening to Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days and I will be going to the movies to watch it too. I also read with my brother Big and Little, the book I won in the poetry competition. Bye. Chloe

4. Hi Nathan and Chloe

I hope you enjoy Dog Days at the cinema. I’d love to hear what you thought of it as a movie and if it is as good as the book.

Nathan – if you look at the comments on our 124 Flavours Ice Cream post you will see that Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton have left us comments – VERY exciting!

Chloe – Congratulations on winning a prize in the poetry competition. You’re a poet – did you know it?

I hope you have both been enjoying our lovely sunny weather…

5. Dear Miss Y,

Sorry for not visiting sooner but somehow I seem to lose track of time.

Now what a great post and how wonderful to see your wonderful Grade Twos who have been so creative. Great work everyone 🙂

I loved them all! You sure have some very creative students .

From AA.

6. Hi AA

Lovely to hear from you! My apologies for not putting your comment on our blog earlier because I have been on leave.

Yes, we do have some very creative students in Year Two (and all the other classes as well!)