Book Fair Early Birds

The Early Birds get the books!

Congratulations to three of our Year 6 students who were outside the LRC before 8.30 am this morning waiting for the Book Fair to open. ย They were the first ones to buy their books. ย How’s that for reading enthusiasm!

6 thoughts on “Book Fair Early Birds

1. Thank you Miss Y for organising the Book Fair for the the school. It has generated lots of excitement.
    Great to see so many children reading in this the National Year of Reading.
    I wonder what types of books are the most popular.
    Mrs S

2. Hi Mrs Stewart

The LRC has been buzzing with excitement and crowds for the past week! I can’t tell you how happy I am to be able to have Book Fairs in the LRC again!

Some of the popular books have been:
    Guinness World Records – Gamer’s Edition
    Just Doomed
    The 13-Storey Treehouse
    Cabin Fever
    Steve Jobs biography
    Mud, Sweat and Tears (Bear Grylls)
    Ivory Rose
    Red
    Dork Your Own Diary
    Billie B. Brown books
    The Littlest Gymnast
    The Zac Power Spy Case

Lots of great books have been bought and ordered this week…there’s LOTS of reading happening at St Martin’s in the National Year of Reading…

Miss Y ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Congratulations on a fabulous book fair Miss Y!

The children at SMOT are so lucky to have you organising these events for us. No matter how far technology advances there is nothing better than buying a brand new book to read.

Thanks Miss Y ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Thanks Miss Driscoll!

Now Prep Delicious know what a Book Fair is all about after this week. It was great to meet so many parents who came to visit with their children.

I agree, there is nothing like opening up a brand new book to read…

Miss Y ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Dear Miss Y,

I really loved seeing the photo of the early birds who were up and waiting at 8.30am to buy a selection of their favourite books.

By looking at the photo they were so happy with their purchases which was great to see.

It is awesome to read and see children wanting to buy and read books. For opening up a book is like a whole big adventure.

Well done!

From AA

6. Hi AA

We have lots of Early Birds who are waiting outside each day to come and borrow and read (and stay warm at the same time!) at 8.30am each day.

I often say to our students that in a book you can be anyone and go anywhere…that’s the beauty of reading!

Miss Y ๐Ÿ™‚