Hugless Douglas and the Big Sleep

What a wonderful surprise when I looked in the box of new  books  delivered this week…a brand new adventure for one of our favourite book characters…. Hugless Douglas and the Big Sleep.

Hugless Douglas has been invited to a sleepover by his friend Rabbit.  Hugless Douglas manages to get a bit lost on the way and has to climb a tree which unfortunately snaps and Hugless Douglas almost squishes Little Sheep!  To make up for this he invites Little Sheep to the sleepover (and perhaps a few more sheep than he realises!)

It’s very funny to see how Rabbit tries to fit Hugless  Douglas and his extra friends into his rather small burrow!  Things get VERY squashy and there’s no room left for poor rabbit to read everyone a bedtime story.   You are going to love reading how the problem is solved….

2 thoughts on “Hugless Douglas and the Big Sleep

1. Hi Miss Y,
    Hugless Douglas and the Big Sleep sounds very funny, I want to read it! I hope more funny books come out like this one.
    Nicholas

2. Hi Nicholas

I am a big fan of Hugless Douglas and his author/illustrator David Melling. This book is definitely funny! David Melling is very good at using illustrations to add the humour to his stories.

I’ll get this book ready for borrowing as fast as I can…

Miss Y 🙂