A gift for our new LRC – Hugless Dougless

We are very lucky to have a wonderful local children’s bookshop called Ward Sagar in Eltham that has been providing books for our Library for many years.  Kay Sagar is the owner and I love visiting and talking about books with Kay.  Kay lets me spend as long as I like in the shop finding books for us to read and Kay always gives me great recommendations!

Today I popped into Ward Sagar to collect some books I had ordered and told Kay we were finally in our new LRC.  She was so excited for us that she gave us a special gift for our new LRC….our very own soft and cuddly Hugless Douglas!!

Hugless Douglas has comfy spot on a shiny new shelf in the Picture Book section…he might even get to sit in our Storytelling Chair when it arrives…

The Preps loved reading  Hugless Douglas  last year   and they are going to be SO excited to see we have our very own Douglas!  (I’m sure Douglas won’t be hugless in our LRC! )

Thank you so much Kay and Ward Sagar!

Now we have Douglas’ latest book to enjoy called “Don’t Worry Douglas”…

10 thoughts on “A gift for our new LRC – Hugless Dougless

1. Thank you Marie!

Douglas is so soft and cuddly!

Douglas will enjoy making friends with Rascal the Dragon and the Hungry Caterpillar as well as getting lots of hugs from the students!

Kim 🙂

2. Hi Verona

Thanks for visiting our LRC Blog.

How exciting for you to read “Hugless Douglas” to the Prime Minister, Mr Rudd in your new discovery Centre!! (I hope you weren’t too nervous) Did he say that he enjoyed the story?

I wonder if Mr Rudd tried out some PM hugs?

Miss Y 🙂

3. Hi Miss Y,

I know Kay because she gives me books. She gave Jasmine and me books. She gave me “The
    Deep End” and other books. Kay is very nice and she’s sure about which book we want
    .
    Love From Daisy 🙂

4. Hi Daisy

You are so lucky that you go to Ward Sagar to buy your books!

Kay reads all of the books so she knows which books her customers will enjoy.

Did you like “The Deep End”?

Miss Y 😀

5. Hi Miss Y,
    I’m home today and I’m going to Kay’s book shop but I don’t know what book I’m getting because they’re all so good and you have good books too.By the way I LOVE READING because I get lots of information. It’s fun learning stuff and I started reading in Prep because of my BIG sisters they help me and Jasmine all the time because we don’t know much.

Love From Daisy 1c 🙂

6. Hi Daisy

Thanks for your comment – even when you’re home from school!

I wish I could have gone to visit Kay with you! I wonder what book you decided to buy? You might like to bring your book to the LRC to show me.

You and Jasmine are very lucky to have two wonderful big sisters who love reading and helped you learn to read! I can see how much you LOVE reading. I LOVE reading too for both information and fun!

See you in the LRC….look out for some more changes in there!

Miss Y 🙂

7. Dear Miss Y,
    I think receiving your very own Hugless Dougless is a fabulous gift for your library. I have never heard of this book. Is it an Australian author? I will have to read about this book.

I like to decorate my library with stuffed animals too. It makes the place seem a bit cozier.

From,
    Mrs. Hembree

8. Hi Mrs Hembree

We have a growing number of stuffed animals in our LRC. I’m hoping to add another of our favourite characters called Splat the Cat very soon!

David Melling comes from the UK and we have quite a few of his picture books. You might like to check his website here at http://www.davidmelling.co.uk/home.html

Miss Y 🙂