The iPads have landed

Today during Fun Friday there were a lot of students eager to try out our four new iPads…

As you can see some of the students had their eyes glued to their iPad!

Grade 4s                                             

UnblockMe is a great problem-solving game

UnblockMe

Sophie and Ella enjoyed playing Tic Tac Toe and creating new animals with MouseFish

Tic Tac ToeMouseFish

Louise helped them out with a game of Solitaire

Solitaire

Hannah and Bianca spent their time being very creative with DoodleBuddy

DoodleBuddy

11 thoughts on “The iPads have landed

1. Wow, these iPads are fantastic. I am glad I had a play on them before the students. I will have to come in on Whisper Wednesday and learn how to use them a bit better. I wonder if anyone has used them to read/hear an interactive story yet?
    THEY ARE SO COOL!
    Have fun Colleen Scully

2. Dear Students,

I am envious of your iPads! What a fabulous tool to learn from! I don’t have one yet, but I definitely have it on my wish list!
    I wonder what your favorite learning app will be?

From, Mrs. Hembree

3. Hi Mrs Hembree

I don’t have an iPad of my own either…but I’m saving up for one!

We are trying out free Apps for now until we work out which paid Apps would be best for us to use in the LRC. We also have a few free books to read on our iPads.

4. Hi Miss Pitcher

Great to hear from you!

The ipads are very popular at lunch times and I have a roster so we can share turns on them.

At the moment we have only free apps, but I will buy some soon when we start using the ipads for activities in LRC class time.

Hope you are enjoying your new computer lab!

5. The iPads are HEAPS of fun! My favourite app is either Singing Fingers or Chess. Thank you so much for getting them.

6. Hi Jacob

It was a big decision to buy the iPads so I’m glad you are enjoying them. I like the Singing Fingers app too – simple but lots of fun! Do you prefer playing Chess on the iPad, online or on a real chess board?

I will add some more apps soon so let me know any you would recommend for us at school.

7. I prefer chess on a real board but the iPad is almost as good. One app that I would recommend would be ‘My Language’ which is a language translater.
    Thanks 😛

8. Hi Guys,
    I played on the iPads 10 minutes ago and fell in love!
    I played with Laura and Mia. Our favourite games were Animalia, Pocket Zoo Free and Mousefish! Now I really want to get one, it’s a real change from my iPod Touch and I am so excited to do more work and play more games on them!

From Akira K,6SC

9. Hi Tom,

Yay – fabulous news! You’re going to love your new ipad. Is it yours or is it to share with your sisters?

There are lots of great free apps to try (like the ones on our LRC ipads). I hope you add some audio books and ebooks as well. (Maybe Bear Grylls!!)

I’ll look forward to chatting to you about your ipad next term…enjoy!