LRC Weebly

Click on the photo to visit our LRC Weebly where you will find lots of helpful informationΒ 

27 thoughts on “LRC Weebly

1. Hi Miss Y,
    Love the LRC blog and cool idea.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and I hope you enjoy the rest of the year.
    From Madhu:D

2. Hi Madhu

How exciting to hear from you!

I hope you are having a wonderful holiday with your family in Sri Lanka and you’re enjoying catching up with your relatives.

Happy Christmas to you and your family.

Happy reading Madhu!

Miss Y πŸ™‚

3. HI Madhu

I have already started a pile of books to read for the holidays! Have you got some books to read on your holiday?

Miss Y πŸ™‚

4. Hi Miss Y,
    I have tons of books and I’m half way though it!
    I have religious, funny, new, true, old, non-fiction, fiction and other books. I even needed a new bag to carry all the books!
    What types of books do you have?

Madhu πŸ˜€

5. Hi Madhu

You might need to get a kindle at some stage so you don’t have to carry so many books with you next time!

I have bought some books by my favourite adult authors to read over the holidays. I need to visit my local library before Christmas to borrow some books too.

Have you been doing some sightseeing on your holiday Madhu?

Today there was lots of excitement at school when everyone found out their teachers for next year!

Miss Y πŸ™‚

6. Hi Miss Y,
    I have not been sightseeing yet but I might!

Because I was not here to see who was my teacher was Mrs James emailed my mum the teachers.
    All the books here are in Sinhalese; but that’s a twist!

Tomorrow for me, I have a special celebration and I am reading all about it!

I’m also watching my Grandma write her book!

Madhu

7. Hi Madhu

Can you read Sinhalese?

I hope you enjoyed your special celebration.

I’m sure you will have a wonderful year in Grade 5 next year. I don’t think you will know that I won’t be in the LRC next year. I am taking leave for 12 months and Mrs Philp will be in the LRC.

What is your Grandma writing about in her book?

Miss Y πŸ™‚

8. Hi Miss Y,

Sorry for writing to you at this time.

I can read Sinhalese, speak and write in Sinhalese. On Saturdays I go to Sinhala School and my mum is the teacher of my grade.

That’s sad you won’t be here next year and it will be different. At least the LRC is still going to be up and running!
    Are you going to be here in 2015? I will miss you for all of next year!

My grandma is translating a book from Sinhalese to Hindi; she is also writing a book that is about her life in Sinhalese and they’re both being published.

Madhu:D

9. Hi Madhu

You are so clever to be able to read, speak and write in Sinhalese as well as in English!

I think it is wonderful that your grandma is writing about her life. Her book will be something you be able to treasure and show your children one day!

The LRC will be different but it will still be a wonderful place to be. I’m not sure about 2015, we will see what happens next year…

It’s going to be 40 degrees here on Thursday – we’re not quite ready for such a hot day yet!

Miss Y πŸ™‚

10. Hi Miss Y,
    Sorry for submitting so late; the power was out and I couldn’t charge it.

Here in Sri Lanka it is very hot and the fans aren’t that strong.

Since I have been here in Sri Lanka I wanted to learn more about my grandparents. What I liked the most about my grandpa is that he has 6 brothers, 2 sister and his parents; a family of 11 with my grandpa included. What I liked the most about my grandma is that she was awarded by the University Of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka; the award said ‘Retired Professor, Doctor (Mrs) Indra Dassanyaka receiving the H honorary Doctor of Literature Degree by the Most Venerable Chancellor Sir at the 64th General Convocation of the University of Kelaniya’

Miss Y, I been wondering why you aren’t in the LRC for 2014 and maybe 2015. Are you just having a rest?

Was it very hot yesterday? Or was it better than the last time we had 40 degrees or worst?

I have to go.

Madhu:D

11. Hi Miss Y,
    You know when I said my grandpa has 2 sisters he has 4 sisters so a family of 13!

Why do you like read? How do you feel when you read?
    When I read I feel like i am in a new world, I have a new imagination; I can’t really explain it so much. I love reading. My favorite Naplan test is the literacy!

I can’t wait to go to Singapore and see my dad. Have you been there? I also can’t wait to go to University Studios and the other places there.

Must go
    Madhu

12. Hi Madhu

I have one brother so I find it hard to imagine having 6 brothers and 4 sisters! You would always have someone to talk to and play with.

You must be very proud of your grandma’s award. I wonder if that is where your love of reading and books might come from.

I love to read because I can walk in other people’s shoes, I can go on adventures and visit places both real and imaginary. I love being able to make my own pictures of characters and settings in my head using the author’s words to create them with my imagination. I read every single night and I cannot imagine my life without books.

I am taking leave for 2014 to have break (after 28 years teaching) and do some things I have been wanting to do.

Your dad will be so excited to see you! When will you leave for Singapore? I have only been to Singapore airport so I’d love to visit there one day.

It sounds like you have lots of fun things to look forward to in Singapore.

If you like, you can email me at smotlrc@gmail.com and keep in touch that way.

Miss Y πŸ™‚

13. Hi Miss Y,
    I only have a sister, Anu; and in 4 years she is 20.
    My sister and I always wanted to have a younger sibling, well that came true for my sister!

I’m very proud of my grandma and she is too. Did you know she was the first person in Sri Lanka to start speaking Hindi? After that she was the Professor for the university of Kelaniya. That is where books came in.

That’s the words I was looking for! My grandma is teaching Hindi to me so I can read in Hindi, but I am still working on it.

I’m glad you’re having a little break after 28 of years of teaching. By the way we all have more than 1 dream.

My dad can’t wait. We leave on the 24th this month. I can’t wait to go to Singapore but I don’t want to leave my grandparents.

Yes maybe I should email you to keep up. I’ll email photos and other great things.
    If you want to email me you can.

Madhu

14. Hi Madhu

I have loved hearing about your grandma. She is a remarkable lady!

I’m sure your grandparents have loved spending time with you and Anu.

Have a safe trip and wonderful time in Singapore. I’ll look forward to your emails.

Miss Y πŸ™‚

15. Hi Miss Y,
    I love reading. My favourite books are ” Magic Puppy “. They’re my favourite because they’re easy to read and easy to understand. I love your LRC Blog because it is like reading my book. Thank you Miss Y.
    From Jordyn

16. Hi Jordyn,

Thank you for your comment, it’s lovely to hear from you!

I can tell that you love reading! ‘The Magic Puppy’ books sound like they are perfect for you. When you have finished reading them all I am happy to help you find some other books if you need any help.

I’m glad you enjoy reading our LRC Blog because I enjoy writing it and sharing interesting things about books and reading with everyone.

Happy reading Jordyn!

Miss Y πŸ™‚

17. Hi Maggie,

That’s a tough question! I am removing old books at the moment so I’m not quite sure exactly how many books we have in our library. Definitely over 6000…

Miss Y πŸ™‚

18. You’re full of tricky questions Maggie!

I’ll answer by giving you an idea of book prices and you can think about it…

Picture Books are $25-$30
    Non Fiction books are $25-$30
    Chapter books are $10-$17

Now you can see why I ask people to take care of our library books!

Miss Y πŸ™‚

19. I just love reading the ‘Our Australian Girl’ books now!!! I also like ‘A Royal Story’. I love reading books!!!!
    Ariel

20. Hi Ariel,

I’m so glad you have discovered the ‘Our Australian Girl’ books. They are one of my favourite series of books. I love that they allow you to walk around in different periods of time in Australian History, and each character has such an interesting story to tell.

Happy reading!

Miss Y πŸ™‚

21. Hi Luca,

Today at school I opened the library for borrowing before school, taught 6 classes, opened the library at lunchtime and did lots of shelving after school.

What are you enjoying in your class this term?

Miss Y πŸ™‚