Year 4 Sleepover with a story from Tristan Bancks

One of my favourite things to do as a Teacher Librarian is read the Bedtime Story for the Year 4 Sleepover.

Our library has a truly magical feeling at night and you almost expect our book toys to come to life at any moment. Our Story Chair was waiting for the Year 4s and set the scene for the evening with a caricature of Tom Weekly and his latest book My Life and Other Weaponised Muffins by Tristan Bancks. After dinner the students arrived at the library door warm and comfy in their pajamas bursting with excitement and anticipation and eager for their bedtime story.

The story I had chosen for the evening was called The Good Boy. In this story, Tom Weekly planned to be good for 24 hours. Despite some close calls at school during the day, Tom had managed to keep his cool and not get into any trouble. When he arrived home after being good for eight and a half hours he thought the remaining five hours before bedtime would be easy. Wrong! Tom discovered he had left their dog Bando inside while he was at school and Bando had eaten all the ingredients Tom had left on the bench for the French dessert project he had to make and photograph that afternoon! The Year Fours groaned and laughed as Tom came up with a very unique solution for his project by creating ‘Mousse au Chocolate de Bando’. After this story I’m sure many of the students will not look at chocolate mousse in quite the same way again…

Thanks for a fun bedtime story in the library 4G, 4O and 4VT!

7 thoughts on “Year 4 Sleepover with a story from Tristan Bancks

1. Hi Madi,

I’m glad you enjoyed the sleepover and the bedtime story. It was fun to have all of the Year 4s together in the LRC at night. I hope you managed to get some sleep!

2. Hi Miss Y

I only got 5 minutes of sleep because people were snoring all night!

3. Oh dear, Madi!

I’m guessing you had a BIG sleep when you went home on Friday.

4. Hi Miss Y

I thought that book was hilarious!!
    I loved reading it !!!!!

5. Hi Gabriella,

I really enjoy reading about all the funny things that Tom Weekly gets up to in his books.

Miss Y 😊