A Yeo-Low Medal message

This term it has been wonderful to see so many of our Australian picture books and novels being read by students participating in our Yeo-Low Medal for reading. Wednesday, September 7th is the final day to hand in your Reading Scavenger Hunt and creative book response. We already have a Sherrin footy cake, poems, recipes, book reviews and posters handed in by some keen readers!

Our author friend Adrian Beck will be here again for our Footy Day to choose the name of the lucky reader to win the Indigenous football and to award our prestigious Yeo-Low Medal. Last year Adrian made fun videos to encourage students with their reading. When Adrian said he was sending a video this week for our Yeo-Low Medal readers I wasn’t quite expecting this!!!

Adrian has taken his encouragement to another level with some help from Shane Crawford and Lauren Phillips from the Kids’ WB program…

THANK YOU Adrian, Shane and Lauren!!

#ReadingIsFun

23 thoughts on “A Yeo-Low Medal message

1. Can’t wait to show my class tomorrow, Kim. You certainly work in a Flat Classroom and so many interesting visitors arrive because of it!

I wonder who will win the medal!

Marg Yore

2. It’s amazing how Adrian set this up for St Martin’s. If that was on TV live half of Australia wouldn’t know what they’re talking about!

3. I am not doing the Yeo Low medal but i still love reading and that message is pretty amazing.

4. Thanks Marg,

We are very lucky with the connections we have made with some wonderful and generous authors.

I have the hard job of selecting the worthy winner of our Yeo-Low Medal…so may wonderful readers!

Kim 🙂

5. Hi Nathan,

Adrian certainly is amazing isn’t he!!

Lucky it’s just our own private message and not going around Australia! Although, I think it would be wonderful to have a Yeo-Low Medal for reading in every school library!!

You are lucky to have the honour of being the first Yeo-Low Medal winner.

Miss Y 🙂

6. Hi Chloe,

I agree! It’s a fantastic message to encourage everyone with their reading. I like when Shane quotes Harry Kewell and says “Practice makes permanent”. If you keep reading then it will become a part of your life…

Happy reading!

Miss Y 🙂

7. Who will be the winner of this fabulous medal? How wonderful to receive such an inspiring message – read, read, read! Can I have your autograph Miss Y – you and your readers are famous 🎉👍

8. Hi Mrs B,

It was so exciting to receive this message to inspire us to read, read, read!

Stay tuned to our LRC Blog for the winner of our Yeo-Low Medal for reading…

Miss Y 🙂

9. Hi Edie,

We certainly would be famous if our Yeo-Low Medal message was on TV!! If it was it might even encourage other schools to have a medal for reading like our Yeo-Low Medal…

Miss Y 🙂

10. Hi Miss Yeomans
    What fantastic things happen in our LRC thanks to you. You are amazing! I am sure all our readers are very excited about waiting for the big announcement. Good luck to everyone who has taken part.
    Mrs Boland

11. Thank you Mrs Boland,

A big week ahead for those people finishing their reading and creative response by next week for the Yeo-Low Medal!

#ReadingIsFun

Miss Y 🙂

12. Who will win the Yeo-Low Medal this year? I can’t wait to find out who the 2016 Champion will be… I’ll be there on Friday to make the BIIIG announcement. Fingers crossed it’s YOU!

13. Hi Adrian,

We’re also excited and looking forward to seeing who will win the Indigenous football and Yeo-Low Medal this year!

See you on Friday…

Miss Y 🙂

14. Hi Adrian
    Thanks for sending us your message.
    May the best entry win the Yeo-Low Medal. All the students have worked really hard to achieve the Yeo-low Medal or the indigenous football! See you Friday.
    Nathan

15. How awesome! Will have to show Matteo in the morning! Well done Miss Y, you are the best librarian around!

16. Hi Karen,

It’s a fabulous message not just for the Yeo-Low Medal but for also reading…practice makes permanent!

Miss Y 🙂

17. Hello St Martins! I’m not sure how many of you will get a chance to read this comment, but I have a BIIIIG surprise for you tomorrow….

Give me a Y, give me an E, give me an O, give me a LOW!

Who will be the Yeo-low medalist for 2016?

18. I sure will!

But I’m barracking for the Bulldogs tonight. Love to see a battling club get up.

Tomorrow should be a lot of fun. I think last year’s winners should present the medal to the new winners, just like they do in the Brownlow!

AB

19. Hi Adrian
    Looks like I will be doing the handover!
    See you tomorrow.
    Ps. Go Eagles just for tonight!