Prep Hugs for Hugless Douglas

This term the Preps have been enjoying listening to stories about Hugless Douglas who is a huggable loveable bear created by author and illustrator David Melling.

In our library we are very lucky to have our own Hugless Douglas to hug! He was given to us as a special gift when we moved into our new library and he has even survived a flood in our library!

Last week in our library lesson each of the Preps sat in our Story Chair and gave Hugless Douglas a big hug! There were normal hugs, baby hugs, neck hugs, squeeze hugs, tower hugs and even upside down hugs! By the end of all the hugging Hugless must have felt very loved…and he certainly wasn’t hugless!

Click on the 4 arrows to make the slideshow fullscreen

The Preps also followed these steps to draw Hugless Douglas and they did a fabulous job! These are some of their pictures. Watch out David Melling because you have some competition…

#ReadingIsFun

8 thoughts on “Prep Hugs for Hugless Douglas

1. Hi Ms Y
    I liked it when the Preps got to hug HUGLESS DOUGLAS different ways.
    Aaron

2. Hi Aaron,

The Preps really enjoyed hugging Hugless Douglas who by the end of the Prep library classes wasn’t hugless anymore!

3. I think I will have to come in and give Hugless Douglas a big hug!! 🙂

4. Hi Miss T,

I’m sure Hugless Douglas would love to give you a big hug too!

5. Hugless Douglas is certainly not hugless anymore after a visit from those adorable Preppies!!!

6. Hi Carolyn,

I’m not sure who was more excited about the hugs…Hugless Douglas or the Preps!

7. How lucky was Hugless Douglas getting all those hugs from the Preps! Lach enjoyed looking at the slide show of all the photos and spotting himself and his classmates! Great idea Miss Y 🙂

8. Thanks Belinda,

Wonderful to hear Lachlan enjoyed looking at all of the photos. We had lots of fun hugging Hugless Douglas…I think he would have slept well that night after all of the hugs from his Prep friends!