A Sporty Kids surprise in the mail

On Wednesday when I checked my blue tub for messages, I found a package addressed to me and when I flipped it over the sender was Felice Arena!

What a surprise to find a copy of Felice’s latest Sporty Kids books, Handball and Tennis and some bookmarks!

Felice also signed both of our books with a message. Here is our Handball book with one of Felice’s fans (who has some ideas of his own for some more Sporty Kids books)…

I wish Felice could have heard the cheers and excitement when I showed the Year Twos our copies of his books on Thursday in their library classes! We voted on which book to read and decided on the Handball book. We laughed in one class when two of the main characters, Luca and Stefan were actually sitting on the floor next to each other!! What are the chances of that happening?

Felice has a great way of pacing his stories and building excitement in his Sporty Kids books. The Year Twos listened with baited breath waiting to see if Luca would defeat Vinny Ping the Handball King in their handball challenge. They were also reminded of the importance of being a good sport when you are both a winner and a loser.

Each Year Two class then rated Felice’s Handball book out of five and we tweeted him our photos…

Thank you for our Sporty Kids books Felice and for making reading fun!

Now we need to decide on a fun challenge for students who would like to win one of Felice’s bookmarks. If you have an idea please write it in the comments section…

10 thoughts on “A Sporty Kids surprise in the mail

1. Congratulations to the students at St Martin’s for receiving hot off the press Felice’s new books. You really have been showered with books lately by some fabulous authors. Means you have a lot of reading ahead so that you can recommend these books to the readers of this blog. I am interested to know which one of Felice’s books will get the top rating. I bet it will be close. Happy reading.

2. Dear Miss Y
    They’re so cute and it looks like they’re having a lot of fun.
    From Abbey 50

3. We have certainly been spoilt by our author friends, Louise!

Our new Sporty Kids books were catalogued and covered yesterday so we will try to get some book reviews up soon…

Miss Y 😃📚

4. Hi Abbey,

The Year Twos enjoyed listening to Felice’s new Handball book. They had fun tweeting to Felice how much they liked his book.

Miss Y 😃📚

5. Dear Miss Y,

Wow, super to read about your wonderful parcel of books. I somehow get the feeling it has a lot to do with a certain librarian and the wonderful library you have at your school Miss Y.

Keep up the awesome work Miss Y cause I know your students love it.

From a friend,
    AA

6. Hi AA,

Thank you for your lovely comment. I’m trying my best!

It was a great surprise to receive Felice’s Arena’s books as well as books from Adrian Beck the week before! We are very lucky to have such thoughtful author friends.

Miss Y 🙂

7. Hi Shae,

I can guarantee you are going to enjoy the new Sporty Kids books!

Happy reading…

Miss Y 🙂

8. Hi Aaron,

Come in and borrow Felice’s two new Sporty Kids books!

Miss Y 🙂