#ReadingIsFun with Pig the Pug

This term we are going to have some fun reading picture books with one of our favourite picture book characters…Pig the Pug. 

You can take Pig the Pug home for the night and read him a story and take a photo with him and your picture book. You can email your photo to me and I will add it to our #ReadingIsFun photo blog. 

If you want to take Pig the Pug home you need to come to the LRC this week and write your name and grade on a raffle ticket and put it in our #ReadingIsFun box.

I will select two names each day and those people will read to Pig the Pug that night and return him the next day. I have two Pig the Pugs to go home each night so we can read lots of picture books to him this term. 

Both Pig the Pugs come with instructions and a bag to protect Pig the Pug and your library book.

Please look after Pig the Pug and keep him safe and clean, have fun reading your story aloud to him and taking a photo…and remember that you only have the pleasure of Pig the Pug’s company for one night!

#ReadingIsFun

16 thoughts on “#ReadingIsFun with Pig the Pug

1. Hi Chloe and Ruby,

I’m glad you like the idea! I hope you will put your names in our #ReadingIsFun box for a chance to read to Pig the Pug at your house…

Miss Y 🙂

2. Great idea Miss Y! We will come in and write our name on a raffle ticket tomorrow! Joshua P (2VL) and Lachlan (Prep C) 🙂

3. Thanks Josh and Lachlan, I’m glad to hear you like this idea!

See you in the library for your raffle ticket…Good luck being chosen to take Pig the Pug home to read to him.

Miss Y 🙂

4. Hi Riley,

I love the chair you made for Pig the Pug to sit on while you read to him!

Miss Y 🙂

5. Hi Ava,

I hope you have come in and put in a raffle ticket for your chance to take Pig the Pug home!

Miss Y 🙂

6. Dear Miss Y

I love the idea and it will be a good chance to bring Pig the Pug into life.

I hope Pig the Pug is nice to my dog

From Edie

7. Hi Edie,

You never know when your raffle ticket with your name will be chosen to take Pig the Pug home! I think Pig the Pug will be on his best behaviour at your house and he will be nice to your dog.

Have you thought about which picture book you will read to Pig the Pug? Maybe you could read to your dog and Pig the Pug…what do you think?

Miss Y 🙂

8. Dear Miss Y
    I have no idea what I am going to read to Pig the Pug. Yes I am going to read to my dog and Pig the Pug

Edie

9. Hi Edie,

I’m sure you will have a great story to read to Pig the Pug if you get to take him home.

Miss Y 🙂

10. Hi Miss Y,

I loved seeing my face in TWO, pictures on the blog. Keep up the good work.

Mia L, 4G
    xoxo

11. Hi Mia,

It’s exciting to see yourself on the LRC blog! Thank you for looking after Pig the Pug so well at your house.

I will do my best to keep up the good work!

Just a little reminder not to put your last name on the blog.

Miss Y 🙂

12. Thank you for your great comments 3MC!

I’m so glad to hear that you think taking Pig the Pug home to read to him is a great idea. I really didn’t expect it to be so popular!

I’m also glad that you enjoy looking at the photos of Pig the Pug visiting people and listening to stories. I’m getting a bit jealous and wish I was the one being taken home and read to by people!

Xavier and Pig the Pug were looking very comfy reading on the couch!

I hope more people in 3MC will be lucky and get their name chosen from our raffle box (and I’m pleased people think that it’s a fair way to choose people).

Happy reading!

Miss Y 🙂