Stories To Light Up Our Night @ St Martin’s

Our ‘Stories To Light Up Our Night’  Book Week event on Wednesday night was a magical evening of sharing and celebrating stories with our families, friends and as a school community. It was a wonderful example that books and reading are alive and well at St Martin’s.

The excitement almost rivalled a football Grand Final as children wearing their pyjamas and armed with pillows, returned to school under cover of darkness with their parents to enjoy an hour of stories in their classrooms and the LRC. Thank you to the 150+ families (over 350 parents and children) and fabulous storytelling teachers who made it an evening to remember…

What did you enjoy most at ‘Stories To Light Up Our Night’?

21 thoughts on “Stories To Light Up Our Night @ St Martin’s

1. HI Miss Y,

I absolutely enjoyed bringing my kids to the story night in our pj’s. I even enjoyed wearing mine. I think it was a fantastic idea, and I hope it will be done next year. I wonder what book you will read next time?

Elizabeth (Mother of Campbell, Ethan, Noah & Matilda)

2. Hi Elizabeth,

I’m so pleased to hear you enjoyed our evening of listening to stories with your children. If you look closely at the photos you will find yourself in your PJs – great to see you wearing them!

I haven’t decided yet, but we might do this every second year so it still maintains its ‘magical’ feel. That will give me lots of time to decide on my stories to read!

Thank you so much for coming along with your family Elizabeth and being part of ‘Stories To Light Up Our Night’

3. A book night to light up the faces. What a great collection of faces that say it all – ‘Books light up our World’, that’s for sure!!
    Thanks Kim for giving so many a great night.
    Marg

4. Thanks Marisa!

I have been wanting to have a night event in the LRC since we moved in…just took a little while!

5. Thanks Marg,

It was a team effort – definitely not something I could have achieved on my own! Thanks to your amazing organisation, our rotations went so smoothly.

It was such a wonderful evening seeing so many of our school families come to enjoy listening to stories and I loved reading to everyone in our LRC at night…it was magical!

6. Hi Miss Y,

Certainly was a night to remember. Lots of happy faces in the photos and a great way to involve the school community. Thanks for all your great organisation. Everyone loved it.

Ms.T.

7. Thank you for being part of the evening by reading stories Ms.T.

I loved the way you made your classroom all cosy and inviting for people to relax and enjoy listening to your stories.

8. Wow, what a wonderful, magical event! Lucky children who experienced this. What an inspiration, Kim. I wonder if senior secondary would enjoy such an evening.

9. Absolutely loved hearing great stories read by wonderful voices…also loved the chance to get into my PJs early ….THANK YOU

10. Thanks Tania,

The library has such a magical feel to it at night and I wanted our students to experience it – this Book Week theme was perfect to allow this.

Your students and teachers could combine to do an evening like this. You could even include some of your student’s Performance Poetry.

Kim 🙂

11. Thanks Jo,

It was wonderful to light up St Martin’s with stories for the evening!

PJs are the best attire for listening to stories…

12. Thank you for such a fabulous Book Week – my first at SMOT! ‘Stories to Light Up Our Night’ was a great initiative and everyone had a wonderful night!! Was really fun reading to a captive audience in the dark – I think I’ll read to my class via the light of a head torch more often! Both parents and kids loved the stories.
    Well done Miss Y! 🙂

13. WOW!!! What a wonderful night you all had. Kim your display was amazing. You are a very creative and talented person. St Martin’s is indeed very fortunate.

14. It was a magical night! I enjoyed reading to the children and adults! I got such a buzz out of the laughter and varied reactions from the stories I read. Such a joy to have shared in this wonderful event.

Thank you for having it all come to light 🙂

Miss KC

15. Hi Miss Y.
    That was a wonderful evening. I thoroughly enjoyed witnessing the joy on the faces of the children as they listened to all the different stories.
    Thank you for all your organisation to make it a reality.
    Regards,
    Mrs Van.

16. Thank you Queen of Hearts!

I’m so glad you enjoyed reading stories for our evening. I’m sure your class would love you to put down the blinds in your classroom and read to them wearing your head torch…

Happy reading!

17. Thanks Mrs Collins,

I learnt how to do displays from the best – YOU!! I still have a long way to go to create displays like yours…

18. Thank you Miss KC and Mrs Van,

Now you know why I LOVE being a teacher librarian! There is nothing like looking at the faces of students as you read to them and seeing and feeling the story weaving its magic…

Happy reading!

19. Hi Miss Y,

Unfortunately we couldn’t make it to the night.
    We have just finished looking at the photos, I saw lots of my friends there..looks like it was a good night..

Madison 2BC

20. Hi Madison,

It was a great night and everyone had fun coming in their PJs and listening to stories. I’m glad you enjoyed looking at the photos. I’m sure we will do it again and hopefully you will be able to come!

Not long to go until you go on your holiday!

Miss Y 😊