Tristan Bancks’ My Life Short Story Competition

We have lots of talented writers at our school and the My Life Short Story Competition might be an opportunity for you to flex your writing muscles…

I know lots of our students have discovered and are thoroughly enjoying the My Life series by Tristan Bancks. If you haven’t read these books filled with hilarious and clever stories then watch some videos and read some excerpts of them here to see what you are missing out on!

Tristan Bancks not only loves writing himself, but he also loves to encourage young writers. His My Life Short Story Competition is open to students around Australia from 8-13 years old who love to tell funny stories –  that could be YOU!  School holidays are a great time for doing some writing….

Click HERE to find out more details about the competition and visit Tristan’s CREATE page for some tips and ideas. It’s about writing a story based on your life that is funny, gross, weird or amazing.  Add your everyday story and some exaggeration and ta-dah you have your own My Life story! (Imagine if it was included in Tristan’s next My Life book!!)

I am going to start up our WRITING CLUB (we need a name for it) again this term on a Thursday at lunchtime in the LRC.  We will begin with looking at the My Story Writing Competition for those who are interested. So for now you might want to brainstorm your My Life story ideas or even write your My Life story (500 words) over the holidays and we can look at them the first week of next term…

Happy writing!