Ratburger by David Walliams

If you enjoy reading books by Roald Dahl then you are definitely going to enjoy reading David Walliams’ books too!

David Walliams has quite a few fans at our school and a couple of our teachers have really enjoyed reading his books to their classes. David Walliams books are both funny and sometimes naughty and you will often find yourself laughing out loud as you’re reading them.  His books are  illustrated by Quentin Blake who also illustrated Roald Dahl’s books.  

David Walliams’ latest and fifth book is called Ratburger.  I can assure you that after reading this book you may never look at a hamburger in quite the same way ever again!!

This is the story of a little girl called Zoe who has a lot of things to be unhappy about…

Her stepmother Sheila is so lazy she gets Zoe to pick her nose for her
The school bully Tina Trotts makes her life a misery – mainly by flobbing on her head.
The evil Burt from Burt’s Burgers has plans for her pet rat!

Guess what he wants to do with it? The clue is in the title…

Click HERE to visit David Walliams’ website to find out more about David and his fabulous books.

6 thoughts on “Ratburger by David Walliams

1. Roald Dahl was one of my favourite authors when I was im Primary School. I loved reading the BFG, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and my favourite story, Matilda.

I think I will definitely like these books written by David Williams. I will have to read one to Prep Delicious. Could you please recommend one for me Miss Yeomans?

Thanks, Miss Driscoll

2. Hi Miss Driscoll

My favourite story by Roald Dahl is “The Twits”. I just love the tricks they play on each other.

David Walliams’ books are suited to children a bit older than Prep Delicious. I know they will enjoy reading them in a few years time. However, if you would like to borrow any of David’s books just let me know…some Christmas holiday reading perhaps?

3. Hi Miss Y,

It’s nice to visit the LRC blog again. Sorry it has been so long.

Amazing that the most recent post is about David Walliams. We are just reading ‘Gangsta Granny’ as our serial novel in class at the moment. Some of my students have read one or two of his other titles. We are loving it! We have learnt heaps of groovy new words and are finding the humour ‘spot on’! When Mr Parker walked in on Granny being a ballerina in her underwear really made us chuckle.

What titles from Walliams are your favourite?

Mr KT and Middle K

4. Hi Mr KT,

Lovely to hear from you!

What a coincidence that I’ve written about David Walliams as you’re reading one of his books to your class! I really enjoyed Gangsta Granny, but a little warning…there’s a sad part! Your class is SO lucky that you read such great books to them!

I hope you show your class the video I’ve embedded. I loved watching David Walliams take on the characters from Ratburger as he read aloud – just fabulous!

It’s difficult to choose a favourite because I like each of them for different reasons. David Walliams has a wonderful gift for telling stories that make you laugh, but at the same time make you think about life and how you treat others.

Happy reading!
    (and make sure you read Ratburger!)

5. Dear LRC blog,
    I am an English Leader at my school in Berwick and I really enjoyed reading your blog post about David Walliams. I have never heard of him before but I am a massive fan of Roald Dahl so I will be interested to check out his books. P.S. What a great blog!

6. Hi Sarah

Thanks for your comment!

We are big fans of David Walliams’ books at our school. They are great books to read aloud to your class. You might let us know what you think of his books when you have read them.

I don’t know if you have noticed our Author Websites page at the top of our blog. There are lots of links to other authors there that you might like to share with your teachers (and make yourself a popular Literacy Leader!)

Happy reading…