Champions Read Challenge

As part of our Book Week celebrations we have had a Champions Read Challenge where students were encouraged to unleash their creativity.  Many of our students have certainly done that and had lots of fun along the way!  

We have enjoyed watching a wide variety of student created videos based on Champions Read this week.  People have re-written and performed songs, innovated on ideas from commercials, written short skits, filmed book dominoes and created inspiring slideshows and videos to promote reading in a variety of original ways.

Other students have made cakes, models, posters  and Minecraft images that you can look at below…

It is wonderful to be able to work with such creative students!  Congratulations everyone!

What has been one of your favourite entries in our Champions Read Challenge?

7 thoughts on “Champions Read Challenge

1. Dear Miss Yeomans,

Those entries are all amazing! I was blown away by the creativity and imagination of the children. Great to see the different interpretations of the Champions Read Challenge.
    The cakes were pretty impressive!

2. Hi Nadia

Thank you for your comment.

The children at St Martin’s never cease to amaze me! I enjoy encouraging them to be creative.

Have you had an opportunity to see the fabulous video that Matteus’ friends made? (If not, pop into the LRC for a look.) They had so much fun creating it!

I felt very honoured to be included in Alessandra’s poster!

3. Hi, we have sent a photo of pyjama day at the snow! Could you please share it on the lrc blog.
    Tarquin and Amelia

4. We are very impressed with your artistic and creative works. You are all very imaginative. They were all so amazing. We especially loved the cakes with 1 Direction and the Hunger Games. We use minecraft too so we were very impressed with your minecraft creations.
    You have really made us think about how we could present our favourite books too.
    We were wondering how long it took to make your creations?
    Thanks for sharing your super work.
    Mrs Verona Gridley and SeniorG
    http://www.juniorsblackburn.edublogs.org

5. Hi Tarquin and Amelia

Thank you for getting into the spirit of our DEAR day and sending your photos along. I’ll definitely put them on the LRC Blog!

Enjoy your time in the snow…

6. Dear Mrs Gridley and Senior G,

Thanks for visiting our blog and leaving a comment. We’re glad to have given you some ideas for presenting your favourite books. We’d love to hear what you do!

The 1 Direction and Hunger Games cake was a group effort by three of our Grade 6 girls – it’s very impressive!

We don’t have Minecraft at school (we wish we did!) so these students made their creations at home. I’ll ask some of them to reply to your question.

7. Dear Miss Y,

Wow wow what a wonderful bunch of creative students you have at your school.

I am so impressed with each and everyone of the students presentations of capturing their favourite books. 🙂

I loved them all.

Great work everyone!

Sincerely AA. 🙂