The LRC is OFFICIALLY open for business

Today was an exciting day when our new BER building was officially opened by Federal Minister, Jenny Macklin.ย 

Mrs Stewart and Mr Thomas proudly showed Jenny Macklin our new Grade 6 learning spaces, Computer Lab and LRC. ย The whole school celebrated together in the GECCO with instrumental music and singing from our students led by Mrs Hobbs our Music teacher. ย Today was a day to celebrate and thank the many people who made our new building possible…especially Mrs Stewart and Mr Thomas who work so hard to ensure we have such a fabulous school!!

The photographer from the local paper took some photos of Jenny Macklin in the LRC so I took some too! ย Jenny loved our Story Chair and I thought “Library Lion” would be the perfect book for her to read…

Some lucky children had their photo taken with Jenny too….

14 thoughts on “The LRC is OFFICIALLY open for business

1. Hi Miss Y,

It certainly was a wonderful opening. It was a great way to celebrate the opening of our LRC, computer lab and classrooms. Such an air of excitement!

You are right that we are lucky to have Mrs. Stewart and Mr. Thomas that have worked hard to make sure our building is special. We are also so lucky to have such a wonderful teacher librarian running our LRC!

Congratulations on such a great day!

Ms. Tieppo

2. Thanks Ms Tieppo!

I love my job as a Teacher-Librarian! I’m excited to come to school each day and work in our beautiful new LRC…I’m VERY lucky!!

Miss Y ๐Ÿ™‚

3. To Miss Y,
    The opening was great!!
    I had never seen Jenny Macklin before.
    I really liked the music and everything put together!
    From Hannah W

4. Hi Hannah

I’ve met Jenny Macklin before and she is very friendly. Jenny really loved our LRC and Story Chair!

Miss Y ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Thank you Miss Y and Ms T for your kind words about Mr T and me. We are lucky to be in such a fabulous school community. St Martin’s has the best students in the whole wide world, the greatest teachers, admin and teaching assistants and wonderful parents.
    Our BER opening was a fabulous way to officially open our magnificent buildings. It was important to have all the students at the opening because all the school buildings are part of their story at St Martin’s.
    Miss Y has put many hours into making the LRC the best place to be. Imagine being able to walk through the school grounds again. The teachers have kept all the students safe during building construction. I’m sure everyone will be happy to see the new gates arrive on Monday.
    Thank you teachers, students and parents for making every day a great day at St Martin’s.
    Mrs S (proud principal)

6. Dear Miss Y,
    I am very excited about my photo with Jenny , I can’t wait until it is in the Heidelberg Leader.
    Matt J

7. Hi Matthew

You’ll be famous!

Hopefully the photo will be in the Heidelberg Leader this week. I wonder which photo they will use?

Miss Y ๐Ÿ™‚

PS Thanks for putting the books back after the photos!

8. To Miss Y,
    I could see Jenny Macklin really liked it .
    Did Jenny Macklin read Library Lion” to the kids who were there?
    From Hannah

9. Hi Hannah

Jenny didn’t have time to read the story to the kids, but I told her what happened in the story.

Miss Y ๐Ÿ™‚

10. To Miss Y,
    Do you know what day Jenny Macklin is going to be in the paper?
    From Hannah ๐Ÿ˜€

11. Dear Miss Y
    The opening was great. But I think we sat there too long.
    Before the opening started and you showed Jenny round the school there was a really funny video on from youtube.
    I just can’t believe the school is now finished!

Harrison

12. Hi Harrison

Everyone in the school was so patient and well behaved for the Opening – you should all be proud of yourselves!

I think you might have watched “The Wonky Donkey”. We have the book and CD in the LRC.

The school is nearly finished…just the landscaping to go!

Miss Y ๐Ÿ™‚

13. WOW!
    I wish I could meet Jenny it would be so fun!
    Maybe if she comes again ! could meet her.
    GeorgiaP