The Five Senses of Love

Last term Mrs Vincent was looking for a great book to read to 1JV for their Inquiry unit on The Five Senses.  Miss Y  lent them a beautiful new book in our LRC called “The Fives Senses of Love” by Janet Parsons .  

1JV  have written their own heart-shaped book with ways they SEE, HEAR, FEEL, SMELL and TASTE love.  I think it will touch your heart… 

(Watch it in full screen to read the writing!)

7 thoughts on “The Five Senses of Love

1. The children’s work on “The Five Senses of Love” by Janet Parsons is beautiful!

Great news on that book this week, a Bronze Moonbeam Childrens Book Award 2011 in the USA! Thrilling news for an Australian publication.

Effe – Potoroo Publishing

2. Hi Effe

Thank you for your lovely comment about at 1JV’s work.

1JV will be excited to hear the fabulous news that “The Five Senses of Love” has received a book award in America! It really is a beautiful book. Congratulations to Janet, Claire and and Potoroo Publishing!

3. Dear Nikita

Mrs Vincent let us write about four of the senses and then Mrs Vincent chose one from every single person in 1JV to put in our heart -shaped book.

Our book is hanging in our classroom for everyone to see.

From 1JV

4. Hi Nikita,

I am so glad you love “The Five Senses of Love”.

The idea came in at about 3 in the morning (which seems to be when a lot of my good ideas arrive) – I found the artist, Claire Richards, and thought her beautiful art would fit perfectly with my words. You can see more of Claire’s drawings on her website http://www.clairerichards.com.au. I have written a second book “The Four Seasons of Love” (which I hope Claire can illustrate, as well) and hope to have that ready next year! Takes a while, all this book business.

Take Care – Janet Parsons

5. Dear Janet

How exciting to hear from you!!

Isn’t it amazing how your brain is busy working while you are asleep! Did you write your idea down straight away when it popped into your head at 3am in the morning?

You and Claire make a great team with your writing and illustrating talents. We hope Claire can illustrate your second book too.

We were wondering what is the hardest part about being a writer for you?

We will be watching out for “The Four Seasons of Love” next year. Good luck with it!

Miss Y and 1JV 🙂

6. Hi Miss Y and 1 J/V,

I really do write my ideas down – even at 3am – which is why I keep a pen and paper by my bed!

Hmmm, the hardest part about being a writer is remembering this simple rule “inifinite patience brings immediate results” which really means to keep believing in your work, after numerous edits and delays. Keep the faith and never give up!! I look forward to reading some more writing from 1 J/V soon – Janet