Puff the Magic Dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon is a song that was first performed in 1963 by a popular singing group of that era called “Peter, Paul and Mary”.  

Puff the Magic Dragon  is about a dragon called Puff who becomes friends with  a  little boy called Jackie Paper.  They spend their time playing together and having lots of adventures…

In this animation the singing is by a popular Australian folk group called The Seekers.

In this animation the singers are the Irish Rovers and it has the words for you to follow

We also read the book of Puff the Magic Dragon that comes with a CD of the song.  The illustrations had a different ending to the words in the song.

Puff the Magic Dragon

Which did you like best – listening to the book or watching the animations?

4 thoughts on “Puff the Magic Dragon

1. Thank you Miss Yeomans for Puff the Magic Dragon. You are very clever inserting posts on your blog. You keep your LRC active, engaging and fun and you inspire us all to engage in contemporary learning web 2 tools.

Trish Stewart

2. Thanks Mrs Stewart!

I really enjoy writing our LRC blog and using a variety of tools to share things on our blog. I still have have lots to learn and I enjoy trying out new tools.

I’d love to be teaching our students how to use these contemporary tools too in their learning…hopefully soon!

Miss Y 🙂

3. I have very fond memories of singing Puff in primary school. It always makes me cry. Thanks for the animation – loved it.

4. Hi Tania

My eyes get teary when I watch Puff too! I’ll have to have the tissues ready when I watch these animations with the Grade Ones and Twos this week.

Miss Y 🙂