Tell Me a Dragon

This term the Year One and Two classes will be exploring the world of dragons in their unit called Tell Me a Dragon.

We have lots of great stories to share during our Library lessons and we hope to create some of our own dragons.  To start our unit we did a brainstorm of what we already know about dragons. Some of our brainstorm ideas are presented  in this Wordle.

Dragon wordle

(Click on the Wordle to make it bigger)

What else do you think we could add to our brainstorm about dragons?

2 thoughts on “Tell Me a Dragon

1. Dear Students,

Tell Me a Dragon sounds like a really fun reading unit! I can’t wait to hear which stories you read! My absolute favorite dragon story is called Dragonling. It’s a short chapter book by Jackie French Koller about a little boy who takes care of a baby blue dragon. Dragons are not supposed to be pets, so this causes lots and lots of problems!

There are so many wonderful picture books about dragons that I know you will have a great time on your dragon quest!
    Have fun reading!

Mrs. Hembree

2. Hi Mrs Hembree

I hope we will have enough time to enjoy quite a few dragon stories during our Library lessons. The idea for the title of the unit comes from a beautiful dragon book we have in our LRC called “Tell me a Dragon” by Jackie Morris. It’s a book would definitely recommend for your library too!

http://www.readplus.com.au/blog_detail.php?id=1548