Hugless Douglas

Today I read one of our new Picture Books to Prep JC and Prep CV.  It is called Hugless Dougless and is written and illustrated by David Melling. (We also love his book The Kiss That Missed). 

Hugless Douglas is a bear who wakes up from his long winter sleep in need of a hug.  He hugs lots of things but none of them are quite right until rabbit helps Douglas track down the BEST hug. 

hugless_dougless

The Preps talked about their favourite type of hugs and then we had lots of fun looking at the different types of hugs at the end of the book including  the back to back hug, the daisy chain hug, the solo hugthe upside down hug and the come and get it hug.  We even tried out some of the hugs…we liked doing the daisy chain hug!

When Mrs Vincent came to collect Prep CV she was freezing cold and wished she could warm up.  Prep CV knew EXACTLY what would warm Mrs Vincent up so they gave her a big, warm 

Prep CV GROUP HUG!!!!!

group hug

4 thoughts on “Hugless Douglas

1. Dear Prep CV,
    How lucky is Mrs. Vincent! That looks like the most wonderful and warming hug ever. It is such a great idea to have a class hug on such a cold morning!
    From Ms. Tieppo

2. Wow! I know where to go to get warm on cold days now.
    There is a great game called ‘Penguins’, remind me to come and show you all how to play it. It looks so much like this photo. You may already know how to play it.

3. Wow Prep CV I can see from the photo that group hugs bring big smiles as well as lots of warmth. I wonder if you have tried group hugs at home with your family.
    Mrs Stewart

4. Pingback: LRC Blog » A gift for our new LRC – Hugless Dougless