Diary of a Wimpy Kid

wimpy kid series  

The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series by Jeff Kinney is flying off our bookshelves and the reserve list is growing!!  The Wimpy Kid is Greg Heffley,  a Year 7 student who sees himself as the 52nd or 53rd most popular kid in his year. His life is full of the misery – an older brother who plays tricks on him, a baby brother he sometimes has to look after and a best friend, Rowley who becomes more popular than Greg.
Did you know that this book started out as a web comic funbrain?  Visit the website and read the book online!  You can also visit The Diary of a Wimpy Kid website to find out more about the author, the books or read The Diary of a Wimpy Kid blog.

Twentieth Century Fox is looking for someone to play the role of Greg Heffley for the movie!!  Go to I am the Wimpy Kid to see what attributes the main actor will require.  You can also view some of the audition tapes.  Would you be the perfect Wimpy Kid?

We would love to know what you are enjoying about The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series…

0 thoughts on “Diary of a Wimpy Kid

1. Hi
    At the moment I am reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I like it because it is not just for boys, it is for girls too. it has also made me laugh at some of the thing’s he get’s up to and what he does at school.I hope you enjoy it as well!

2. hey everyone

Diary of a Wimpy kid is just not for boys it can be for girls aswell. this book would catch your eye and you would like to read the others aswell. I am still reading the first book but it is really funny with the pictures in it. Its like a comic strip.

Madelyn
    5s

3. Hey
    I really liked Diary Of A Wimpy Kid because it is different to a normal fiction book. Girls and boys can both read it and thats something good to.

I would recommend this book to someone who likes a good laugh
    best wishes
    Katherine
    5s

4. Hi,
    I have’nt read Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but I really want to read it. Because what I heard is that it’s really good and it’s funny. I can’t wait to read it.
    Sarah 5s

5. I really loved diary of a wimpy kid No. 2 , because the characters were awesome and it is suitable for all types of people. The diary of a wimpy kid no. 2 is great. I hope No. 4 comes out.

Fabian 5S

6. The diary of a Wimpy Kid… it rocks!
    I wish it could be all over the world. I wish
    everyone had it.
    Miss Y we love it! It’s my second favourite. Thanks for putting it on the shelf!

Vincent 5C

7. I am still on the first book and I am enjoying it so far.
    I really want to finish the first and go to the second book.
    I also like this book because it is for all ages and for girls and boys.

Zoe
    5s

8. i would like to know all about the diary of the wimpy kid my brother has got it from the libary and he is reading it and it is so far so good and i would like to read it.

kate

4v

9. Hi Miss Yeomans,

My cousin has just bought two Diary of a Wimpy Kid books (Do It Yourself and the Last Straw).

He has really enjoyed the series and can’t wait till he gets the books at Christmas.

They are great he says as he enjoys humorous books and he loved the movie aswell!!!

Ruby F 5C